Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Elizabeth Update

Her family has finally made the announcement!  I can't wait to follow the journey this family takes to bring Elizabeth home. I have passed on the monies donated here (thank you all again!!) to bringing her home (I realized after doing so that Paypal deducted a certain amount in fees, so I will be sending a check-- to avoid extra fees-- of the difference to make sure each dollar goes directly into Elizabeth's grant fund.

I'm SO thrilled to even say those words:  "Elizabeth has a grant fund!" As an older child, she had a shared account with all of the other older girls, since adoptions of this age group are so few and far between. Now, since she has a family, a grant fund has been set up directly in her name to help the family bring her home. Which means I can help them directly! I've got lots of fundraising ideas up my sleeve... not that I'm any good at actually bringing funds in, but I actually (am one of the few people who can honestly say) ENJOY fundraising. No, I don't like begging people for their hard earned cash. No, I really don't like when they turn their back to me or act as if I've grown an extra head.
Why do I like fundraising? Honestly, I like donating. I like giving money to other people. I like making others feel good, because (is this selfish?) it makes me feel really good. So even though I get very few positive responses, I like trying to convince others to give up a little of that hard earned cash, just so they too can see how nice it feels afterward. And in this case, it is more than a cause to me... it is a MISSION! I want Elizabeth coming home the moment the paperwork allows. Money cannot be the reason this child is sitting alone for even one more night.

So... to those that chose to give their hard-earned cash to set this child free, thank you. If anyone else would like a little of the "feel-good" pie, you can donate to Elizabeth's grant account here.

No comments: