Today, my heart is hurting.
I'm not quite sure what makes today significantly different than any other. But today, it is in extra pain for sweet Elizabeth.
I'm thinking about the family of Amanda Knox. They do everything they can to save her; they are able to speak to her, to visit her, to check up on her. But they cannot free her. Their pain must be so great. They have to go on with life, but she is never far from the forefront of their thoughts.
This is how I feel about Elizabeth. I cannot forget her. I watch my boys, I smile and laugh at their silly behaviors. I sit next to my husband and enjoy my time with him. All the while, a little girl whom I have never met plagues a part of my brain. I smile, but not too big. I laugh, but a little less than I used to. I speak, but not without conviction and pleads constantly being restrained.
The boys and I pray for Elizabeth daily. We pray that God keeps her safe. That her joy isn't completely lost; that a caregiver has taken pity on her, and tries to do a little something extra to keep her alive.
Elizabeth's life is at stake, and until she is safe in the arms of her family, I don't know that my heart will find true peace.
1 comment:
My heart is aching for you. I was thinking about how quite you have been the last couple of days, and was wondering how you were doing. How I wish I could email you and tell you that money would not be an issue if you were able to step forward and make this little angel your daughter. How I wish I could tell you that once you started the process things would be easier, on your heart. The truth is, until that little girl is in someones arms as their daughter, your heart, my heart, and many others will ache for her, EVERY DAY. Now the good news, if she is meant to be your daughter, she will be! You must have faith that this statement is true. Please email me if you want to chat. Please smile, although Elizabeth is without her family, she is certainly LOVED by many.
Post a Comment