What do you do when you have lots of good STUFF
![]() |
| (This is not my stuff. ) |
but nowhere to put it?
but they are just sitting around taking up space?
but you just got slammed with huge hospital bills thanks to a broken foot? (Not that you'd have that money otherwise, hehe.)
Why, you gather all that happy fun stuff and head over to the FLEA MARKET, of course!
![]() |
| (One more fine image brought to you by Google.) |
I've been wanting to hold a garage sale, but 1) our neighborhood is not "make-money-at-a-garage-sale-friendly" (the one I held years ago was a disaster and I swore never to waste my time on another); 2) hosting a garage sale is hard to do on one foot; and 3) some of the stuff I am trying to re-home is not the kind of stuff people would show up to buy at a garage sale (too pricey of items.)
Instead, I started looking for different venues, and suffice it to say, I think I've found the right place!
A nearby drive-in theater (yeah, a few still exist!) holds flea market events on Sundays throughout the summer. Now, I'll admit, I haven't been to a flea market in years. Decades, in fact. So I'm going into as a total newbie, just hoping and praying that it is the solution that I want it to be.
I contacted them a few weeks ago to make sure they still had room available for this weekend. Lucky me, they do, and as a July 31st ONLY special, vendors who pre-register get to set up shop for FREE! AWESOME!!
If you are in the McHenry vicinity, I hope you decide to stop on by. This should be a really fun event. My booth is featuring various "collectible" type stuff, homemade treats, crafts, and more. All the funds we raise will be put toward our next set of dossier fees. (FYI: Thanks to multiple generous donors, we do have a large sum of money in our FSP. This will be available for use at the time we are making travel plans. This is a GREAT system that Reece's Rainbow has set up, so that, in the event a family backs out of an adoption, the funds remain protected in the child's name.)
Here's the information for the flea market. I hope to see you there!
"C" You At the Movies Drive-In Theater presents
MCHENRY OUTDOOR FLEA MARKET
SUNDAY JULY 31st 2011
8am-3pm
At the Drive-In Theater
1510 W. Chapel Hill Rd.
McHenry, IL
(RAIN OR SHINE, WE’LL BE THERE!)
Admission Cost $1 per person
brought to you by
cyouatthemovies.com




1 comment:
Posted on facebook! See you Sunday!
Post a Comment