I'll be honest. I'm tired of talking about DOTS. I'm tired of trying to sell a truck that isn't going anywhere. I'm tired of feeling like I am walking around in circles with a blindfold covering my eyes.
There. I said it. I'm tired.
You know what, though? I think that's okay. I think it's okay to become worn out sometimes. It doesn't mean what we are doing is less important today than it was any other day. It doesn't mean I'm ready to give up the battle. If being tired meant it's time to throw in the towel, I'd have three children that would right now be living elsewhere, because lemme tell ya, I've spent the past 3 1/2 years feeling like I could use a good week to do nothing but sleep!
Anyway, we still have a lot of DOTS to sell, so as exhausted as I am (saying the same thing over and over,) I'm not going to stop until they are gone. Trust me, our little beauty is worth the effort. I know it with every fiber of my being!
As if the DOTS fundraiser isn't enough, we're already getting moving on the next one. News about that will be coming along shortly. It's a local event. It's going to be absolutely FUN, no doubt. Our goal is to sell 150 tickets for the event, so if you are in the Chicagoland area and willing to help us with ticket sales, please contact me right away to let me know. Sadly, our church is not allowing us to put an announcement in the bulletin as I was really hoping, so now we really need alternative sources of getting the word out.
Additionally, we are hoping to have a Silent Auction and Giveaway at the event. If you are or know of a business that would be willing to contribute to our efforts, please let me know!
Information on our XTREME FOR ELISHA fundraiser will be posted this week, so locals, keep checking back to see what we've got going on. I am confident that this is going to be wildly fun!!
3 comments:
Aargh, I wanted to take a few dots off the photo and also off your mind (seeing that I can't offer any cheese), but they won't accept my address :(
Just wanted you to know that I tried ;-)
And I can't wait to see the new photo of your girl!
Sarah - Does your church have an address book? Send stuff by mail. Does your church have a prayer chain? Ask for prayer that God would provide your needs! Will they let you hand deliver your own letter to people (that is what we did)??? Do that.... Get around their ridiculous rules and give the people in your church an opportunity to find out. Camp outside the doors and quietly pass out cards. Do whatever it takes.
It will happen my sweet friend. I know it will. God is preparing a way for you. He is going before you. Keep the faith, God is working!
Love wins,
Renee
Post a Comment