Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm Lovin' It!

Those DOTS are disappearing! Thank you to each and every one of you who have helped with this fundraiser. It is so exciting to watch Elisha's picture becoming revealed.

Don't forget, once you have donated, you still need to keep checking back to view the image underneath. Once you know Elisha's middle name, send me an email so that I can enter your name in the Feelin' Blue giveaway.  Everyone who donates qualifies for the other prizes, but you must email me in order to have your name in the necklace giveaway.

Thank you, everyone!

P.S. In case you haven't seen it already, did you recognize a familiar on Julia's blog today? She's one of my favorite bloggers ever, so I couldn't help but squeal when I saw our names featured! In case you aren't familiar with the family, Julia (and fam) rescued Aaron from his life in a mental institution last fall. She has seen the reality of what these children face, and she has done a beautiful job of sharing the truth with us, her readers. Spend some time reading what she has to say. It's pretty enlightening.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I visited the dots page and noticed that the dots I bought several days ago weren't listed. They were there and now they aren't...I don't have to have my name there, but just wanted to make sure you got the money.

Can't wait to see the picture of Taylah!!!!!

Stephanie Lynch
www.openedeyesadoption.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Funny that you mention that Stephanie, just last night it occurred to me that not all the names are appearing on the list on the DOTS page.
YES, your donation came through, as did everyone else who has given (so if you don't see your name anymore, don't worry.) Apparently, they just show the last few donations rather than listing everyone. I'm actually working on getting a thank you list up here right now!

kim said...

Hello. I'm a rr fan; friend of Stephanie Lynch, it wo happens! Anyway a few months ago my kids each picked out a rr child to donate some of their own money to, as a Lenten gift. My daughter (clara 11 years old) chose Taylah, and just a few days later I noticed she had been moved to "my family found me" when i told my daughter, her eyes welled up with tears, she was very happy, but also told me she was a little jealous, sweet girl hoped she could talk her dad into a little sister!
Anyway, your precious girls picture is on our fridge, to remain there, until she is home in your arms! We will be praying for her. Kim kknipp@kc.rr.com

Sarah said...

Thank you Kim! Tell your daughter that a long time ago I, too, had a child whom I fell in love with, and I was a little heartbroken when I found out he had a family committed to him. But then, I realized that I could be a part of helping bring him home, and sharing in his life in that way has been so wonderful. His mom is picking him up and he will be coming home this week. I'm thrilled that he is safe with a family and someday I plan to go out and meet him. Tell your daughter that "Taylah's" journey home is all about the village that it takes to get her here. We happen to the be family that will raise her, but she can be a very special part of the journey, too. Thank you for your prayers!!