She went to the region we share. A fellow adoptive mom, finally rushing across the ocean to meet the boy she has previously only known through one lonely old photograph.
She met him. She loved him. She ached for him. She cried for him.
With so much paperwork in a language you don't understand, you miss a lot of what they say about your child.
But this? This was written in English. Simple, matter-of-fact words, the "term" apparently used for a child with a diagnosis of an extra 21st chromosome.
We call it
Down Syndrome.
They call it
Child With No Promise.
It's the reality, folks. Without us proving otherwise, this part of the world will continue to believe that these children are without any promise. They will continue to believe they are useless.
If not us, then whom?
If not now, then when?
Please, for these children, these innocent babies, toddlers, young boys and girls, older lost children without chance of a family,
please. cry for them.
Ache for them.
Demand action.
Act.
Society doesn't change for the better until presented a reason to do so.
My plan? Scurry my fanny on over there, and bring the biggest book of HOPE and PROMISE they have ever seen. I say don't give them a chance to deny the possibility within these children.
What's your plan?
Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful. ~Author Unknown
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale
1 comment:
sarah your words have touched me deeply! i linked to you today in my latest blogpost to help to get people over to donate. Your daughter in waiting is beautiful and you are wonderful! much love jane xxxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment