Upon announcing our decision to adopt, one of the most common questions we've been approached with is:
"How will this affect your (bio) children?"
I think the question really means, "What sort of negative impact will this have on the children that you already have?"
In response to that question, I'd like you to read this post, written by 11-year-old Genesis House, whose family chose to bring two children into their home forever.
She's a child being "affected", but I wouldn't call it negative.
I don't see an 11-year-old filled with suffering and regret.
I see a beautiful girl with a huge heart for others.
I see a girl more focused on compassion instead of the latest trends and media influences.
I see someone who already understands that she can make a difference, instead of bemoaning in pre-teen angst about how unfair her life is.
Does that begin to answer the question?
No comments:
Post a Comment