Since then... we've been waiting...
Our state requires two sets of fingerprints. One set for the state (DCFS), the other, FBI.
We were fingerprinted at the beginning of March. Two sets each, $120 total. Big relief getting that out of the way. Or so we thought.
After we changed homestudy agencies (which keeps being confirmed to me time and again it was indeed the right decision,) we had to have our prints resent so that our new agency would have them on hand.
Our previous agency claimed they never received them.
No biggie, just place a call and have them sent out again.
Wrong. At last week's meeting, we were informed that our state prints arrived, but not the FBI ones.
For the last week, I've been trying desperately to find way to get hold of these prints.
The state police have been lovely to deal with. Really. (No sarcasm. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for more helpful people.)
Accurate Biometrics, just as wonderful.
Previous agency, pain in my neck. Basically, they can't be bothered to help us out. Even after receiving multiple copies of our prints, it is apparently too much to ask them to pass the prints along, or to even admit to us that they have received them.
Lucky for us, Accurate Biometrics is in our town on Wednesdays until 2pm. At 1:30pm, after our former agency once again threw their arms up and offered no help, I made an executive decision. We rushed into the van, dragging the kids out of the pool, dripping wet, shirtless, nearly shoe-less (I grabbed sandals as we ran out the door,) and we made it in to get reprinted just as the clock hit 2pm! I was so happy that it didn't bother me a bit that we had to pay another $102 for more FBI prints. Ramen noodles, here we come. :)
So FINALLY,
- Our fingerprints should be at our agency very soon (I was told "within days.")
- Both of our adult medicals are completed; kids' medical paperwork should be finished by tomorrow
- Our other paperwork is nearly finished and ready to be sent to our agency
- We have a few hours of education classes to go, then are done with the required number of hours needed
and as soon as that is all turned in, we will set up our "big" homestudy visit and finally make it over this giant wall that has been erected before us!
My sister gets married toward the end of this month, and I will be out of town for nearly a week. I'm praying that this paperwork will all be submitted by this Friday and that our homestudy visit will be scheduled for next week.
After months of feeling like we are trapped in a block of ice, it's good to finally feel we are beginning to thaw out!

1 comment:
So awesome, I am so glad for you!! Booo on the bad agency, yeah for you taking charge!
Post a Comment