Sunday, July 17, 2011

Friendship

Kelly
Lisa
Faith
Mel
Renee
Angie
Jessica
Marcie
Vashti
Karen


These are the names that lift me when I am down. These are the names that have shown me pure friendship. Some of them I have known online for years. Others, I only have known months. A couple I don't really know at all; how amazing is that, to have someone you don't even know offer acts of friendship completely on their own accord.

This post is for nothing other than to say thank you, dear friends. This road is not an easy one to travel, and the further I go, the easier it feels to turn back. You are the ones who keep me going. You are the ones who remind me that I'm not alone, that we have a village, that Elisha really, truly exists, and we really, truly are on the path to bring her home.

Sometimes it's so easy to forget. Sometimes it just feels like something in my head. The hurtful comments, the ignorant remarks, the complete lack of acknowledgement... sometimes the worldly way just feels so much easier, and sometimes, I want the easy way out.

So, to my friends, I say thank you. Over and over and over, I thank you. Because it is when I am feeling so low, so defeated, so lost and overwhelmed, I just think of you:
Kelly         Lisa           Faith             Mel           Renee              Angie               Jessica                Marcie                            Vashti                  Karen                      

and I remember that we are not alone, that God has given me true friends who keep me strong, so that I can turn around and keep my husband strong, and he can turn around and keep our children strong. And together, as a village,
we
will
bring
her
home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh sarah that was wonderful! elisha is waiting for you arms around her and you are getting there one step at a time, i am so happy these wonderful women give you strength in this amazing journey you are on. Much love and cant wait till i see that hug! xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Aww, sweet friend, I knew you were having a hard week without you even telling me, without even hearing a word from you...The words on your Kolya post just broke my heart for you, for him...sometimes there are no words, sometimes just knowing that someone is standing by you, holding your hand, lifting you up, sometimes that is what gets us through...Tonight I am lifting you up and I believe with all my heart that Elisha will get to see her momma soon...Love is like that, it finds a way...and love will bring her home. Love you friend..

Bianca said...

That's nice! :)