EDIT: THE GOAL HAS BEEN MET!!! ENJOY THE PHOTOS!!
Another year of homemade costumes down.
I love making them. If I had the ability to sew, I might even be really good at it.
My trio enjoyed today more than any year past. My four-year-old boys have been asking for weeks, "Is TODAY Halloween?" so you can imagine their delight this morning when I informed them that yes, in fact, today
is Halloween, and that means finally wearing the costumes we've been working on for the past few weeks. My two-year-old, in typical two-year-old fashion, put up a good fight when it came time to dress up this morning (who wants to put on the costume that has been painstakingly created in love, when you can instead where your favorite- and as usual,
dirty- t-shirt? Mommy won the battle... eventually.)
So, I'd love to now share my Halloween TREAT with you:
Our two-year-old Tiger
Our four-year-old "EagleBird" (because we never just say "eagle"):
and our four-year-old Shark
Who wouldn't smile if this trio showed up at their doorstep?
And in our hearts, an honorary Beauty Queen.
But I can't.
Not yet.
Sorry, folks. I'd love to show you my adorable kiddos in their adorable costumes, but I'm holding those photos hostage for a bit.
See, my friend Kelly is adopting Charlotte. Charlotte just happens to be the child I was a prayer warrior for last year. I spent a lot of time praying about this one little girl finding a family of her own. When she had a family commit to bringing her home, I was beyond overjoyed.
Kelly and I have become close friends over these past few months of paper-chasing together.
Now, she is very, VERY close to meeting her daughter. Finally, the time has come for a family to be brought together in the flesh.
But... unlike most families who get a few weeks to prepare to travel, this family was only given ten days notice. Because of the short notice, the travel costs are much, much higher than they had anticipated.
They travel in a few days, and are about $750 short of what they need. The money needs to be in their account
TONIGHT
in order for them to access it by the date of travel. (Because it takes a few days for the funds to be transferred from their grant account into their checking account, just in case you are wondering.)
So, I'd love to share the TREAT of my beautiful boys with you, but first, I need you to help make this $750 TRICK happen.
All donations are tax-deductible.
All grant monies help bring a child home.
Any amount is greatly appreciated.
To donate, visit their blog and click on the blue ChipIn. It's safe and secure.
As soon as I receive word that they have their $2500 goal met (like I said, only $750 to go!) I'll show you the little trio that brought a lot of people to smiles today.
1 comment:
I love the costumes!!
Post a Comment