I keep trying to write a real blog post, and, well, it just isn't happening. But I hate to keep everyone in the dark, because I know you are wondering how things are going around here. Instead of even attempting to put together a clever, eloquent, coherent post, you get random thoughts as they come to my mind.
Hey, at least I'm updating you somehow, right? :)
Elisha had her first pediatrician appointment last week. She is measuring beautifully on the growth chart and looks healthy overall. We can see very obvious pronation with her feet, so the pedi is quite sure she is going to need to wear braces. Other than that, she is physically very healthy. She was born with a heart condition, but (PRAISE GOD) that has healed on its own, and now there isn't so much as a murmur present. Fantastic news!!
Recently we had an appointment with the opthamologist. No need for glasses for our girl! (Not yet, anyway.) Her eyes are very healthy and strong. She has a slight degree of farsightedness, slight astigmatism, and slight nystagmus (her eyes sometimes move rapidly back and forth.) Other than that, her eyes are great!
The boys are handling the "new addition" really well. Joel and Evan are completely fine and seem to understand that Elisha's coming from a completely different life, everything is new for her, and she needs them to be understanding and helpful. When Evan prayers, he usually thanks God that Elisha is finally home. (His prayers over the previous few months often were along the lines, "God, I don't think Elisha is really coming home to us," which was so sad to hear! So it's nice to now hear him giving thanks. :) Luke is having a little bit harder of a time, but he will come around. He is at a very whiny stage in general, so she's just giving him a few new things to whine about. He clearly loves her and is happy to have a sister, so I'm not worried in the least. He's actually been sick every week that we've been home (three different illnesses in three weeks, poor kid!) so that also has something to do with his whiny attitude, I'm sure. For the most part, all four siblings get along really well and life just feels, well, normal.
Overall, things are really good. BUSY... EXHAUSTING.... but fantastic. Elisha, I've decided (and Todd agrees) is the equivalent of four children in one. She's like an 18-month-old... into everything, very mobile and into everything. And she's a 24-month-old... you can reason with her a little bit, but still have to keep expectations fairly simple. She's a 30-month-old... wanting to get her away, frustrated when she can't have her way, throwing little tantrums because of it... and she's a late 3/early 4-year-old.... she's got the attitude, she's got the ability to be somewhat independent, she knows what she likes and doesn't like. Basically, I've decided I adopted four new children :) (which is a good excuse as to why the cooking and cleaning have gone by the wayside.)
So, there you have it. Yes, we are busy, but we are SO happy, too. Our sons are happy. Our dog is tolerant, lol. And our daughter, well, just look at those photos in the previous post, and I think everyone can agree she seems pretty happy, too.
3 comments:
How long til u kick her to the curb? Autumn Winkle couldn't be bothered with lil Yuri after a few months. Itd be sooooo sad if the same happened to Elisha!!!
I've decided to publish your comment just because I want the world to see how LAME you are.
Really... don't you have ANYTHING better to do with your life? You just hop around on all the different adoption blogs, copy/pasting the same comment over and over. Seriously... go outside. Visit a pet shelter. Read a book. Learn to yodel. Do SOMETHING. Your brain is beginning to rot because all you do is stare at the computer and post comments on adoption blogs all day long. Do you notice 99% of your comments don't get published? Honestly, I cannot even fathom how boring one's life must be in order to keep making the same pointless remark OVER and OVER, when it almost instantly gets marked as spam! I'm pretty sure Ottawa is getting decent weather right now. Try stepping outside for a few minutes. Notice those figures moving past you... those are called PEOPLE. They have lives. Try to imagine what that must be like. Try joining their world... you might actually like it.
(For those wondering, dear "Stacee" goes by that and a bunch of other names. She's a troll that spends pretty much all day, everyday trying to entertain herself by leaving comments similar to the one above. Don't worry, Yuri was NOT kicked to the curb, she just likes to mention that because... I don't know why, I'm not gonna waste brain power trying to figure out her ramblings. If you are new to adoption and get a comment by her, or one of the many other names she goes by, just hit spam and ignore. Her comments are like the Viagra ads that show up in a woman's inbox... completely pointless and not even worth a second thought. In fact, I've been doing that for so long, now maybe I'll just start publishing the comments more frequently so that we can all roll our eyes together. Sound fun? hehe)
So sad that she/he doesn't have anything productive to do with her/his life. I suspect mental problems, unfortunately.
So glad to hear about Elisha! I know what you mean about the different developmental levels -- I see it with Ben too.
Post a Comment