Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Call

This song has been playing in my head a lot lately. It has occurred to me how so many parts of it match the "calls" that I've been receiving about bringing Our Girl into our lives.





It started out as a feeling   (Elijah and the widow)
and then it turned into a hope;  (I John 15:7)
Which then turned into a quiet thought, (Read about Elisha and the widow)
which then turned into a quiet word. (Hearing "Elisha")


And then that word grew louder and louder, (Psalm 2:8; Revelation 3:20)
'Til it was a battlecry; (Micah 4:13)
I'll come back
when you call me; (Messages from agencies)
No need to say goodbye.


Just because everything changing
doesn't mean it's never been this way before. 
All you've got to do is try to know who your friends are
as you head off to the war.  (Friendly guidance and prayer.)
Pick a star on the dark horizon
and follow the light  (I John 1:5)
You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye  (Contacted by RR; realized it was now or never)

Now we've come back to the beginning
it's just a feeling that no one knows yet. (Finding her on Nov. 29th)
But just because they can't feel it too
doesn't mean that you have to forget.  (Convincing hubby this is bigger than just me.)
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til there before your eyes
I'll come back when you call me, 
No need to say goodbye. (John 10:3)

I'll come back when you call me,
No need to say goodbye.


The Call, Regina Spektor

No comments: