Friday, February 25, 2011

Words from Sheila Walsh

I love my bible. If any women are on the search for a new one, here's the one that I highly recommend:
(Don't really click to look inside. This was an Amazon image.)
It provides character sketches and noteworthy comments from various women.
One of these women being Sheila Walsh. I loved her when I was a kid. My mom had one of her records and I listened to it nonstop. I still sing one of her songs just about every day (I'd link it to lyrics, but apparently the song has been long forgotten by everyone but me, as I'm finding no evidence of it online.)

Anyway, I guess any commentary she makes automatically stands out for me, just because she's a name I've known since childhood.
Yesterday, though, I opened up, hoping for inspirational scripture, and instead found this little comment, courtesy of Sheila Walsh:

There are some parts of our journey that are so dark and the terrain so bleak that it's hard to find the will to keep on walking. That is why we are called to walk by faith. We hold on to the promises of God not because they seem likely, for at times they don't, but because they come from God and it is impossible for him to lie. 

Can't say it any better than that. 

No comments: