I decided I'm not privatizing this blog, so that I can keep little updates going. Unfortunately I won't be able to share intricate details or personal photos at this point in time, seeing as this is available for public viewing.
So, with that out of the way... now I can explain today's title.
While we were in country, we found out that, had our paperwork for court arrived in country while we were there, we'd have our next travel date this month. Unfortunately, we instead found out that there were two forms that had been signed incorrectly and would need to be redone.
sigh.
So, the forms arrived yesterday, the plan was to take these to be apostilled today (apostilles affirm that the notary is indeed a notary) and rush shipped back to our agency and across the ocean. But in the afternoon, we were contacted by the agency, saying they are now asking for a few additional documents.
This sets us back at least 2 days.
sigh.
Then we saw the new form, and realized there is a potential issue. Hopefully not, but could be another roadblock. So now we pray that it isn't.
sigh.
And just last night I learned that the required 10-day wait has now changed to a 30-day wait. I don't know when this goes into effect, but it could very well affect us. If this is indeed the case, there is no way for her to be home by her 4th birthday.
sigh.
Now, I'd love to sit around and sigh, but I've actually got a lot of work to take care of! Please keep our household and Elisha in your prayers.
4 comments:
Praying and sighing with you.
Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com
Oh I am sorry. 30 days????? That just makes me crazy!! WHY???? Dear Lord.
Glad you aren't putting it private... I was going to beg to stay :). We are having major paperwork setbacks too, so I feel for you. Stay strong!
Oh bless your heart. I can so relate to the extreme frustration of paperwork hassles and do-overs when every day counts. And 30 days?? Oh my :( Praying right now.
Joy
Post a Comment