The fact of the matter is, since returning home, things have been unbelievably busy! There just isn't much time to sit down and say much, and I have to be so careful regarding what information I share, that I just don't have the energy to get a good post across.
I hate to leave you hanging, though, so here's my best attempt at saying something regarding the latest part of the journey.
We returned home on a Friday/Saturday. Saturday we relished in spending time with our children. Sunday we slept (and slept, and slept... in fact, we didn't make the kids' Christmas show at church because I slept right through it.)
Monday we started paperchasing again. We had a few documents that had been signed incorrectly (things are so precise that it is pretty easy to occasionally mess something up.) That week, Monday through Wednesday was spent getting all the signatures done just right. Thursday I took the kids downtown to get the papers apostilled. Our agency typically handles this for us, but since we were on such a time crunch we figured it'd be better for me just to take care of it myself.
Wednesday evening, we had received a call about a very sick relative. The mister's grandma, someone he is extremely close to, was admitted to the hospital with major issues and the prognosis did not sound good. He had no choice but to finish out the week at work, so bright and early Saturday morning, we made the drive downstate to spend some time visiting with her.
Late Sunday evening, we turned around and came back home. We aren't quite sure what is going on with grandma, so that is still something we are concerned and dealing with.
On Monday I received a call from our agency. It seems that our state fingerprints are now expired (they are only valid for a short period of time) and this had been overlooked (which is frustrating, but when you are dealing with so many documents, it is easy to see how it happens. Those of you in the process, FIND OUT when yours expire and keep that date on your calendar. Had I known ours were only valid three months, not six, I could have prevented this delay.) Anyway...
This week has been spent focused on getting the fingerprints taken care of. They have already been processed and notarized, so now it is all a matter of how quickly they can be mailed to our homestudy agency. As soon as they arrive, I will again be heading downtown to get them apostilled.
Wondering what apostilled documents look like in our state?
Well, here ya go:
(I've once again borrowed a google image; I've got three boys on my lap and don't have easy access to the real photo, which happens to look pretty identical to this one.)
So, that's life since returning home.
In case you are wondering, no, Christmas shopping has not yet begun. I've ordered but not yet received stuff for Elisha's Champions (so in case you are wondering what is taking so long, now you know. I haven't forgotten you!) This time of year is very hard at the mister's job; the school has concerts and all sorts of evening activities going on, and discipline issues tend to increase with kids anxious to have their holiday break start. So... we'll get to Christmas, I just don't know quite when. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment