Friday, September 23, 2011

Beginning of the End

We are so close. 
SO CLOSE.

It is literally a matter of weeks before we meet our daughter.
We expect to have a travel date within the next week.
(It's still kind of unbelievable to say that out loud.)

She doesn't know we are coming. 
She doesn't know we exist.
She doesn't know what family means. Mommy, Daddy, Brothers... those mean nothing to her right now.
Soon, that will all change.
Soon, she will
for the first time ever
feel LOVE.

Soon, the LOVE that YOU, Villagers, have shown our family and our daughter will spill over into her world.


Weeks. 
Mere weeks stand between love and our daughter.
(Wow. wow. wow.)

Looking at our fundraising thermometer sends me to tears.
Months... just a few months since we began this journey, and look how far we've come.

Thank you. 
Thank you.
THANK YOU.



On Monday, I will be starting something new. I hope you come back to check it out. I hope you love it. I hope you want to be a part of it. It's the final push... the end of the journey to bring Elisha home.
See you then. 
   

3 comments:

Jaclyn M said...

So excited that you will be able to hold your daughter soon!!! I can't wait to see what you have planned for Monday!

Jamie said...

I just got chills. I am SO excited for you guys!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness Sarah~ I can't believe it's finally at the end. Seems like forever since we all met that first time in the chat. I remember the sturggles, cries, and encouragement. Now to see Renee with Paisley & Vashiti home with her sweet boy & now you going to be with Elisha soon, warms my heart more than words can say!! I can't wait until we can post we're going... soon :) Prayers for you sweet friend!!