Today, I make what I hope to be our final fundraising plea.
If you look on the tabs portion of this blog, you may notice I have added something new. It's titled CHAMPIONS FOR ELISHA.
So very many people have already stepped forward and done so very much. How can I possibly ask for more?
Oh yeah. Those eyes... those cheeks, that hair, this girl... THAT is how I can ask for more.
Because I just want her home, in her family's arms, safe and protected and loved.
So, yes, once again, I ask for your help in bringing her home.
With that in mind... I give you:
With that in mind... I give you:
CHAMPIONS FOR ELISHA
I'm asking for 50 people, or groups of people, or businesses, friends, family, whatever, to step forward and help raise $300 toward getting Elisha home.
Maybe your coworkers would each be willing to chip in a bit. Maybe you've been just dying to try hosting a giveaway. Maybe you live somewhere warm need an excuse to hold a carwash. Maybe you want to do a bake sale to show off your incredible culinary skills.
The point is, $15,000 is a lot of money we still need to raise. BUT, if just 50 say yes to raising $300 each,
we will be FULLY FUNDED to bring Elisha home.
Adoption is a God thing. Flat out, it is. It teaches lessons, it teaches trust and faithfulness. It teaches humility and forgiveness.
Right now, I'd love to be able to just come up with the money ourselves. I'd love to just quietly bring Elisha home, add her to our family, have my daughter, and go on with life as usual.
But...
I'm 100% positive that isn't how God planned our journey.
I'm absolutely sure that He wanted this to be so much bigger than just us bringing her home.
We were given the command to go get her when, financially, it made the least sense possible.
He told us to go, when logistically, there was no way to do so.
And I'm quite certain He did that on purpose.
I'm also quite certain that He wanted us to have to completely surrender; to be forced to rely on a village. And by doing so, He has blown us away with His faithful provisions through you.
So even though I know I'm once again asking a lot of others, I feel okay doing so. My heart feels like this is exactly what we are supposed to do. When my "gut" is hurting, I know something is not quite right.
My gut... feels totally okay and at peace.
Which means I am completely confident that we are still on the right path.
Please go check out the tab to find out the details to become a Champion for Elisha.
There are some cool "sponsorship goodies" for those that participate.
Thank you for your continued support on this journey. I can't thank each of you individually, but know that we are so very grateful and appreciate, each and every day, and will never, ever forget what you have done.
I'm also quite certain that He wanted us to have to completely surrender; to be forced to rely on a village. And by doing so, He has blown us away with His faithful provisions through you.
So even though I know I'm once again asking a lot of others, I feel okay doing so. My heart feels like this is exactly what we are supposed to do. When my "gut" is hurting, I know something is not quite right.
My gut... feels totally okay and at peace.
Which means I am completely confident that we are still on the right path.
Please go check out the tab to find out the details to become a Champion for Elisha.
There are some cool "sponsorship goodies" for those that participate.
Thank you for your continued support on this journey. I can't thank each of you individually, but know that we are so very grateful and appreciate, each and every day, and will never, ever forget what you have done.

No comments:
Post a Comment