Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Department of Homeland Security

Raise your hand if you get excited to receive mail from the Department of Homeland Security.

(My hand is up high. Probably so is anyone else who is adopting.)

On Saturday we received our NOTICE OF ACTION by mail. Also known as the I-797C (for those who care.)

This beautiful piece of paper doesn't really mean much, I guess. It shows that we wrote a giant check (because heaven forbid they use a more efficient system that would allow them to use the fingerprints already on file with the FBI, right?) It also informs us that immigration has received our request and we will be receiving a fingerprinting date sometime soon.

So, really, this means very little, but nevertheless, I was very excited to receive it and may have looked it over a few hundred times over the last few days. You know, just in case I missed a key clue as to when we might receive the appointment (nope. no clues given.)


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wooooooooooo hooooo! (SO jealous! STILL waiting for approval :( )