To everyone who spread the word about our Wildfire Auction. Thank you so much for getting the message out.
THANK YOU!!!
To every single person who bought something that was offered up in the auction!
THANK YOU!!!
To every person who donated something (or somethings) to the auction.
THANK YOU!!!
I had a lot of people willing to help out and do what was necessary to pull off a successful event. To my dear friend Kelly, I am especially grateful for all your hard work. Kelly was not only a sounding board, but she went out of her way to rally people to visit my auction. She then came up with the idea to "branch off" and start her own when the bidding slowed, so that there were twice as many chances to win stuff. She offered up donations even without receiving anything in return, and she found other people to do the same.
Kelly, I cannot thank you enough for all your support during this entire process (not just this fundraiser, but this entire adoption process.)
AND A BIG GIANT SMOOCHIE THANK YOU EVERYONE...
because of you we raised
$602!!!
PLUS,
Angie Brown held that Scentsy fundraiser for us a few weeks ago, which is another $100!!!
$700 toward the agency fees is an EXCELLENT start!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
IF YOU WERE PART OF THE AUCTION:
I need an email address from the following people: Angie B., Meg T., Mandy, Mindy, Katie R., Laura, Robin, Erin H. Jill S.
(I have a lot of you on facebook but need a regular email address to put winners in touch with each other.)
To pay for your bids: You may pay through the ChipIn at the top of this page. If it allows a "note" (it should,) please state what you are paying for. Alternatively, you can pay directly through paypal. The email address to make payments to is fivethousandfootsteps@gmail.com
If you do not want to pay online, please email me at my address (see above) and I will give you my address to send a check by mail. FYI: When you make the payment to the ChipIn, I believe it will come up as "-For Danil". Ignore that, it's actually for Elisha. :)
I will be putting everyone in touch with one another sometime today (as soon as I have have everyone's contact info.) I will give you the email information for the person you bid from and the person who won your donation. Remember that shipping was the responsibility of the BUYER unless the donor chooses to include that. (If you need to pay the donor for shipping, please make sure to send that person the payment, not me!)
THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE!!!
7 comments:
Sarah, it might be helpful if you do a recap of who won what and how much they owe to the chipin.... I know it would help me
Once I have everyone's emails, I was going to directly email people to give personal reminders. There were a LOT of various items; my spreadsheet is huge!
I guess if it is easier, though, I can post it here as well.
:)
spicerfamily@att.net
GLad it went so well! Fun idea!! Jill
I was just wondering if it wouldn't be easier to all just pay for the items that we are shipping. It's sort of paying it forward, but with the nature of this auction, if you bought something you are also sending something and none of the items were very large. Might make things a little easier logistically. Just a thought. :)
Laura, I have no problem with that! When I created the auction, I had absolutely no way of knowing what would be donated, and I didn't want to limit people's ability to give based on the worry of shipping costs on their end.
Since the auction was set up with the stipulation of shipping responsibility going to the winner, I will keep it that way, and as contacts get in touch with one another, they can work it out individually. Most items are small enough that shipping probably won't even come up as an issue (and just so you know, anything that I am shipping, I am taking care of shipping out of pocket.)
My email is mamarhodes @ live.com no spaces. I will make my donations in the morning and mail my items as soon as I have the info! This was fun and so nice to see a different fundraiser :)
You're Welcome! I went to a teacher inservice day earlier this week (do you miss those?) and we had to answer silly questions - one I had to answer was, "If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet?" I didn't hesitate to say I would meet YOU.
Post a Comment