Today, my friends, was a very good day.
I spoke with our agency contact. She set me straight with a bunch of paperwork mumbo-jumbo. I only had about 42 questions, no biggie. All is well now.
While chatting after discussing the 72 court documents I need to compile (I kid, it's not nearly that much... just 20 total documents,) I confirmed with her what we are waiting for now.
"USCIS approval, right?"
No, she told me. We're just waiting for the first set of documents to come back from ApostilleLand
(You've never heard of ApostilleLand? Wait, you've never heard of an apostille? ApostilleLand is wherever our first set of documents are right now. I have no clue where that is. An apostille is a fancy french word apparently meaning "We-want-to-be-sure-your-notarized-documents-are-notarized-by-a-real-notary-so-we-are-notarizing-the-notary-signatures." Those silly french.)
Anyway... the documents are going to come back, and be shipped off to EE, and then, apparently it seems we should be prepared to get a travel date.
Say WHAT?
You mean, we really get to travel sometime soon?
(Can you tell I'm feeling a little silly and giddy over this?)
So, yes, what she said was that we should expect to travel in
OCTOBER.
As if I weren't already brimming with excitement, I received MORE good news shortly after hanging up with her.
We won the lotto!
JUST KIDDING. (snicker.) But it's nearly just as exciting:
We have a USCIS officer! Realistically, we were told this may not happen for a few more weeks. Now our fingerprints are done, AND we have an officer, so we just have to hope she reviews and approves our case quickly. Although apparently we don't need this for the first trip, so there isn't a HUGE rush, but still, we want it done and over with as soon as possible so that we can send in all our court documents asap. I think we'll have them finished this week.
My to-do list is ten pages and growing, but I'm thrilled, because October is just another month away! I cannot explain how anxious I am to meet our daughter. There are so many things that I wonder about, and soon, we'll have answer. Honest to goodness answers.
Sorry I'm rambling, but hey, today was a very, VERY good day!
3 comments:
That is such good news...well except you didn't win the lotto. ;o)
So happy for you!! Continuing to pray as always!!
So happy, those very very good days are what keep us going, right? :) We had one of those too! They do great things for the attitude!! Blessings!
Post a Comment