Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dear Roxie James

You, or others like you, have left numerous hateful, ugly, dark comments upon my blog.

You've said things to break me down. To make us want to quit the battle. Things such as:

It might just be a sign from the Lord. A lack of $$. Immigration problems (systemic or otherwise). Lack of or loss of support from otherwise lovely, long-term, supportive and loving friends. A message you are choosing to IGNORE. A loud message. An oh so clear message. Going UNHEARD!!

Fate. Problems= message, dontchathink? Maybe??

Maybe the lack of $$$ is a SIGN that she is NOT YOUR KID. It's tacky beyond ALL MEASURE to be grovelling for the $$.. I mean, if the LORD wanted you to adopt, he'd totally provide the cash. 

You still cannot afford to buy this girl! Yet you plaster her ugly little mug ALL over the interwebs!!!


In that dark, twisted heart of yours, you take pleasure in hoping to bring others down.


You tell me to follow the signs... clearly, if God wants this child as our daughter, He'd make it happen, right?


Well, sister...


HE
HAS
MADE
IT
HAPPEN.




As of now, we are FULLY FUNDED.


Our family has been blessed with an adoption grant that totals EXACTLY what we expected our needs to be. 




So, Roxy, Roxie, Janie, J Sam, Anonymous, or whatever you want to go by... 


Hallelujah. Thank you for reminding me that on this journey, when He has a plan in store, He will provide. 
Thanks for reminding me that this isn't a battle we are fighting alone.
Thanks for reminding me that the ways of this world are seldom the ways of God.
Thanks for reminding me that I don't have to answer to those here on this earth, because I answer to a Higher God. I answer to the One who knows all, sees all, hears all, and loves all, regardless of our failures and pitfalls.


I named this blog Along The Road because I was so sure that this was a journey we were on, not just in gaining a daughter but in growing our faith along the way. 


He has been so good. 
Our eyes have been opened. 
We have learned that sometimes enemies hide in the friendliest of disguises.
Sometimes love appears in the places least expected.
Sometimes hatred is so thick and hard that it forms a wall that can only be broken through Grace and Pure Love.


He has reminded me that what you see as ugly, He sees as His beautiful creation.
He looks at my daughter-to-be, and He calls her His perfectly-designed child. And then He says the same about me.




So, Roxy-Roxie-Janie-JSam-Anonymous (have a missed a name?), 
thank you 
for reminding me that we are not on this journey to gain your acceptance. We did not start on this path to please you.


We are traveling along the road of faith. Of redemption. Of surrendering all. 
Your part in this journey matters, too. So thank you. In all your bitterness and hatred, I thank you for reminding me
that it's not about you. And it's not about me.


And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
Phillipians 1:9-11


12 comments:

Robin B said...

LOVE It!!

Ben and Melanie said...

WOW... can`t believe anyone would say such things... actually sadly I can, but am still shocked. We are SO HAPPY for you... Yes She is Beautiful... Great Post.

Jaclyn M said...

I Love Love Love this post (add about 100 more loves)!!! I love that you are fully funded and will be holding YOUR girl soon!!!! I also love that you are so faithful that you could take negative comments and use them as a reminder of God's love for us!!

Stephanie said...

This....person....left nasty messages on my blog about how ugly Andrey was. I did not respond as nice as you have and I am thankful that you were able to respond the way you did. I hate it that there are such miserable people living in this world and they feel the need to talk about these children like that. I mean, really, what kind of person does that? I think she is BEAUTIFUL! Good job!!!

Sarah said...

Stephanie, please do not take this person's comments to heart. He/She/They hop around on blogs throughout the adoption community (the RR one, perhaps beyond, I'm not sure,) leaving these awful messages. They truly are not worth wasting a thought or moment of sadness on; think of it as getting spam, don't publish it, and move on.

There may be those that will truly feel this way about your particular adoption (as we have experienced); people you know, people that WILL matter. Those are the ones that truly hurt, and are hard to push out of our minds.

I heard a great quote the other day, though. It was something to the effect of, "When Jesus walked this earth, lots of people criticized him, and lots of people disagreed with the choices he made. But because of his confidence, he knew his purpose on the earth and did not set out to please man, but to please God."

Elle Bee said...

So so awesome!!!

Julia said...

CRACKING UP HERE!! Brilliant Post. Brilliant way to tell the world that you are FULLY FUNDED!!! YEAH!!

Mel said...

Well said! I am so very happy for you!! God bless you all!

Ellie said...

I am so very happy for you! What a huge relief! Back when I posted on my blog about my broken heart for having to release Carmen, that Roxie left a comment about why do I expect my family/friends to grieve when we never even met her. When I first started reading your quoted comments from her, I was just like oh whatever. Who cares about her interpretation of messages. But then when I got to the part about "ugly mug", I was floored. What an awful thing to say about a beautiful child. I'd like to say I'm above this, but I'm not: I want to punch that bit** in the face.

Karen said...

Love love love it!!!! I seriously had THE same thought swirling in my head to good ole Roxy the day we got our court date, then our 10 day waiver, and Gotcha Day!! HAHAHA!!!! Oh God is good!

twotwice2 said...

Two things I have forced myself to remember when I see comments like Roxie James's. One, God loves each and every one of us that He has created, even if they have chosen not to follow Him. That means He loves Roxie James as much as He loves me. (It does tend to soften my heart a bit to think of haters that way.) Two, in the words of Jesus Himself, as He was hanging from the cross: "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do." I pray that Roxie James learns what that kind of love can do for her/him. Great post!

Jamie said...

Wow, I can't believe that people can be so ugly and hateful. It just makes me sick. Yes, adoption is hard and delays happen. Adoption is expensive, and fundraising is a great way to help afford it. There are many challenges with adoption, but when those challenges come, you can rest assured that you are doing exactly what God wants you to, and satan is threatened, so he's throwing everything your way that he can. It really is a compliment :). The comment about "It's not your kid" just makes me sad. God calls us to help the orphans. We are all God's children. We are all brothers and sisters in christ. How can you ignore that?!?!?!?!?