Faith. Simple little word, but so hard to truly get sometimes.
We have faith:
- That God will provide the funds we need at this moment in time to continue forward.
- That the coordinator in charge of the adoption process for our state will grant in our favor to move forward.
- That we are doing His will, and because of this our family will remain protected from all the unknowns that lay in our future.
We aren't the only ones relying on faith.
The Beamish family has faith that God will provide the funds they still need as they prepare to travel this weekend.
The Davis family has faith that they will soon hold their son again, as they now go through the appeal process because the judge told them no.
The Burman family has faith that God will heal their precious Carrington. 3 1/2 years old, 11 pounds. ELEVEN. Emaciated, on death's doorstep, the family rescued her just in time. Rescued her because of their faith; when God called, they answered.
The Carlin family had faith when they committed to Danil. They showed more faith when they committed to bringing home Josslyn and Parker as well. As they committed to these three children, through faith they believed that God would provide the funds needed to complete this amazing adoption. $35,000, the family is fully funded and will soon be taking their first trip to meet their new additions.
The DelLanos family journeyed through faith to bring their precious Timothy home. It came at a personal cost, and yet, they still have faith that God is carrying them through. All the while facing their own struggles, Mel has stepped forward time and again to help us bring our little one home. It is through faith that I believe she was put into my life for a reason. I was praying for someone to be my spiritual mentor, and through faith I know that Mel has sent as the person I was praying for.
I was recently asked, "If you don't have the money, should you really be adopting? Don't you think you should just focus on your own kids and family? Isn't that your most important job right now?"
My response is this.
It is in faith that I know God has brought us to this place. It is in faith that I know He will lead us on His journey. I walk by faith, not by sight. My wallet may be empty, but God's bank account overflows. He has enough to fund our adoption and the adoption of every other family who answers His command to care for the least of these.
Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit the orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the ways of this world. James 1:27
In faith, I know that we are on the right path.
And, for the record, we are not on a journey to just rescue "a child." We are rescuing OUR DAUGHTER. So, yes, you are right; my most important job is to be a mother and protect my children. All of them. If one just happens to be waiting for me on the other side of the world, than I believe it is my duty to go and get her.
1 comment:
Sarah, you are a very special person to me as well. Your faith amazes me and your perserverance is unending. God has had a mighty plan for you from the very beginning, and you are doing just what He wants you to do. I know that I for one will be praying and doing anything I can until you get your girl home!! Love you girlie!
Post a Comment