Saturday, March 5, 2011

While We Wait

While we sit waiting for the next step, there is a little boy that I must share with you all:
"Kolya" Region 15. Love him? Contact Reese's Rainbow for information!

Oh, I can't even begin to put into words how strongly I feel about him. What I wouldn't give to find him a family!
Well, there's one thing that I can give:
My emerald cut diamond and white gold engagement ring. It's been on quite a journey!


Those of you who follow my other blog may be thinking, "Didn't you already give the ring away?" Yes! I did... and then something amazing happened. The woman who won it decided to use it in her own giveaway, and guess who ended up winning it back? Hehe... I always say God's got a sense of humor.

So, now I again have my ring, and while it isn't much, maybe it's something.

To whomever decides to call Kolya their "son", I will happily (exuberantly) give you this diamond ring. Maybe it will help with fundraising to bring him home. Maybe you can sell it, or use it in a giveaway. Whatever you want to do with it, that is your choice.

When the ring came back, I opened the box, admired it for a few minutes, then closed it and prayed that God would tell me what to do. First instinct was to keep it ("Yeah, I've got my engagement ring back!"), second instinct being to use it in our own adoption venture (after all, every dollar adds up, and we need all the funding sources we can get.) Really, though, both of those felt like my solutions.
I wanted God's plan. His journey through and through.
So, I prayed... and prayed... and listened.

And as soon as the thought entered my mind, "Give it to Kolya's family," I felt at such peace with it, that I knew this was right.

So, I'm waiting. And so is Kolya.

Please, spread the word, tell everyone you know. Not because I want people to look at me, but because I want his family to hurry and find him. The more people know, the more people will see his face. Soon, I am positive they will see him, and know he is their son. He's waited ten long years for someone to call Mom and Dad. TEN YEARS.

My husband and I became engaged ten years ago. It feels like a lifetime. I can barely remember those days.
I can't imagine spending these past ten years without parents or my family.
And yet, Kolya's been without parents. Without family. For ten years. A lifetime. His lifetime.


This is our year, Kolya, I know it. I'm finding you a home, kiddo, I promise. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure this is our year. Ten years ago I was given a ring, and you were given life. This year, I will give up my ring, and perhaps you will gain a new life. Your family is out there. I promise, you, sweetie, we'll find 'em. 


If you love Kolya as much as I do, and you think he could be YOUR son, please contact Andrea at Reece's Rainbow to learn more about this precious little guy. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I hear you on this little guy, so I posted a shout out for him too.

Thank you so much for reaching out to help him find his family.

Natalie
http://martins-hope.blogspot.com/2011/03/shout-out-for-kolya.html