Thursday, March 3, 2011

THE WINNERS ARE...

wonderful people. Oh, you wanted to know if you won? That'll have to wait just a moment. I need to say thank you first!

We didn't meet the $900 goal, BUT that's okay, because we are still inching forward! I was able to submit one of the applications by credit card, so while it isn't ideal to take on any debt, at least it means the ball is rolling.
Even more importantly, because of YOUR generous gifts, plus
THIS AMAZING PERSON AND HER FUNDRAISING EFFORTS FOR US,
we received the exact amount we needed to submit the agency application (no credit cards allowed.)
(Don't ever think God doesn't know exactly what He is doing.)

So, as it stands, two of three applications have been submitted! Next comes getting the initial acceptance from our homestudy agency, as well as being accepted by our adoption agency. If they say yes, we can send in our paperwork and officially commit to bringing home Our Girl!!!! That'll be more paperwork and more money, which I've decided should be the official theme of international adoption:
 International Adoption: More Paperwork, More Money. 
(But totally worth every bit of it in the end!)

Catchy? :)
Like you haven't done enough already, I've got one more huge favor to ask (one more for now. I'm sure there will be many more to come.)
I just ask for you to pray. Pray that we get accepted. Pray that our homestudy coordinator doesn't turn us away because we have young children, because we don't make enough money, or because of any other reason. Pray that she gives us a chance to bring Our Girl home, regardless of how "crazy" the decision may seem.
Pray that the adoption agency accepts us as well. If I have to be honest, I'm terrified that they will look at our living expenses, look at our paychecks, and say, "You can't afford to adopt. Sorry, you're out." Really, that is my one true fear right now... that they don't think we can do it. (For what it's worth, we do meet the requirements/qualifications for this region, but I still have my fears that they'll just shake their heads and call us loonies.)

Okay, now that I've taken care of that... onto the good stuff!
Four prizes; four winners.
Thank you to each and every person who gave. Every dollar, every email stating "You've received money," made me giddy with excitement. The thing is, out of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who donated, I've NEVER MET ONE of you in person.
That speaks wonders.
It gives me such faith, because I realize there are people out there with giving spirits; these are the people I want to surround myself with. I don't like negativity, I don't like pessimism. Knowing that complete strangers can say, "I believe in you," makes me appreciate this journey all the more.

So, without further ado, here are the prizes and their winners!
Winners were chosen through random.org; sorry, I should have taken screen shots! Prizes were awarded based on personal requests in your comments in order that names were drawn. Enjoy!!

Item A: Boba Carrier goes to RHONDA S. in Oklahoma!
Item B: Jamba and Dunkin' gift cards goes to HEATHER B. in Michigan!
Item C: $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate goes to THERESA M. in Virginia!
Item D: Wilson leather purse goes to ADDIE T. in Mississippi!

Please make sure to contact me with your email and home address so I can get things mailed to you.


1 comment:

heatherbrown said...

Oh my, am I the Heather B from Michigan? If so, my email address is heatherdeedo@aol.com