I've spent most of the day in freak out mode. (Good news being that we didn't end up being in the reject pile; not so good news being long and too much to go into, but nothing more than headache-inducing issues.)
Lucky for me, I have one person I really vent to, kind of uncontrollably. Which means not so lucky for her.
After spending most of the day overcome with anxiety, I took a shower.
Showering is my alone time with God. It's when I can really pray, really confess, really listen to what He has to say. Without distraction, I can actually seek peace and solace in His name.
On my honeymoon, I was nearly pushed off the edge of a mountain by a panicked hiker (apparently she was a bit bee-phobic.) God saved me.
Today, I've felt again like I'm at the edge of the mountain, about to tumble over with nothing to break the fall. I can only rely on God to save me once more.
As I'm sitting here, a song comes to mind. The lyrics are simple, but the words hold such power, such clarity in what I need to remember while on this road.
I Will Wait Twila Paris
I will wait on the Lord;
I will wait for His word.
Because I fear His holy name,
I will wait,
I will wait.
I will wait on the Lord;
I will wait for His word;
Before I move, before I speak,
Perfect wisdom I will seek,
and I will wait as long as it takes.
I will wait on the Lord.
And that leads me to the inspiration for my next giveaway...
Get ready....
(note to self: learn how to put a music player on the blog for audio examples instead of just lyrics.) :) See? Feeling better already.
1 comment:
You are amazing Sarah!! I love you!!
Post a Comment