Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Giveaway: Small Sacrifice

I don't think there could have been a more fitting title for this post.

Are you familiar with Twila Paris? If you are at all familiar with Contemporary Christian music, there is no doubt that you have come across her songs at one point or another. In fact, you may have been singing them at church on Sundays without even knowing it.

I've always been a huge Twila fan. Her voice is magical. Her songs are pure inspiration, and pretty much any time I've been in a pickle or feeling blue, a song of hers would come to mind and instantly lift my spirits (see previous post for evidence.)

I've always loved Twila's music, but since beginning this journey, I've come to love it so much more, because the lyrics are practically written for the adoptive path.

Take for example:
God is in Control
God is in control;
We believe that His children will not be forsaken
God is in control;
We will choose to remember and never be shaken
There is no power above or beside Him, we know
God is in control, oh God is in control.



Or how about:
The Joy of the Lord

The joy of the Lord
Will be my strength
He will uphold me
All of my days
I am surrounded by mercy
And grace
And the joy of the Lord
Is my strength

I could easily go on and on and on. But instead of just making a list of great lyrics, how about getting a chance to hear them for yourself?

Up for grabs is an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Twila's most recent album, appropriately titled, "Small Sacrifice" to share with you, my villagers. 




(Yes, I'm still kind of stuck in the stone ages; I don't own an mp3 player or whatever you technologically updated people now use to listen to music. This is a CD, but just remember you can easily download on your computer. Or is it upload? Whatever.)

In any case, this is a really great CD to show appreciation for those willing to make their own small sacrifice.
HOW TO WIN:
To be entered in the giveaway, make a $5 or more donation to my ChipIn between now and March 15th. 
For an additional entry, link my giveaway to your facebook, twitter, or whatever social site you use.
For another entry, add my giveaway to your blog.
For another entry, leave a comment about your favorite inspirational song (by Twila or anyone else; whatever really gets you through the tough times!)

Note: You MUST leave a comment (or email me if you'd prefer) to let me know any of any "additional entries" you earn in order for those entries to qualify. 

Look how easy it is to get four entries to win! All donations received between now and March 15th will be considered as entries. The money we raise will go toward the following immediate costs we are facing:
- Homestudy (due in full prior to beginning)
- Fingerprints (this Wednesday)
- RR commitment fee 

Note: This post has been edited to reflect new prize language. Just in case you read before, I want to assure you you aren't going crazy. :)

No comments: