This road is so full of ups and downs, bumps and obstacles and occasional sharp turns. Thank goodness we aren't the ones leading the way, because otherwise we'd probably be sitting at a dead end, scratching our heads by now!
The truth is, sometimes the road is filled with desperation. That's a good description for what I am feeling lately. I'm just so desperate to take care of all that we need to do! It's a helpless feeling, not being able to move when you want to do so.
So, that's where my last post came from.
And I got a few responses to it which compelled me to write this one.
We aren't the only ones feeling the desperation. There are a lot of other families out there, doing all that they can, whatever it takes, to get to their children that remain waiting.
The blogs below are just some of the blogs that I read each day. These are all families in situations similar to ours. They are adopting, making all the personal sacrifices possible, but still largely depending on a village of support in order to help bring these children home.
When you have a moment, grab yourself a cup of coffee, sit back, and start clicking the links to read each of their stories. Each family is somewhere in the fundraising process right now. There are lots of fun giveaways going on as incentives to help raise this money. Please consider donating a little to help, or sharing the stories with your friends so that they may have the chance to do the same.
Thanks!
Renee Tam blogs about their journey to their little girl. She is currently hosting a huge giveaway in hopes of raising the last bit they need before travel. http://chasing-moonlight.blogspot.com/2011/07/racing-harvest-moon-giveaway.html
Amy Lucas has been through the adoption process before, is a special education teacher, single mom, and mother to three boys with Down sydrome. She's currently in the process of adopting a little guy who really needs to get home immediately, as he has already been transferred out of his orphanage. http://amyandsons.blogspot.com/
Amanda Burlingham and family are adopting a little boy who is blind and already in an institution. Others have met him, and he is just plain AWESOME. They expect to be traveling soon, and still have a long way to go on the money front. She is hosting a really cool giveaway with a slew of awesome items to win. Please go check it out! http://justonemore4us.blogspot.com
Kelly Dirkes (and hubby) are adopting their first child! Beautiful little Charlotte holds a special place in my heart; she was the first child I was an official "prayer warrior" for (through Reece's Rainbow.) http://chasingcharlotte.blogspot.com/
Julie Maddox and her husband Chris are adopting an "older" girl, Michaela. They've already met her once, and are getting ready to go back on their final trip to bring her home. They have just a few weeks and are still short a bit of money, so our hosting a fun giveaway of various accessories: http://www.johnsonpartyofthree.blogspot.com/
Ann Plummer and her family are adopting not one, but TWO little ones from eastern europe! They live near my sister, so I'm a bit thrilled and anxious for them to come home, just so I can pay a visit. :) They have just come back from the first trip, so they have a few weeks to raise their remaining funds so they can return and break those babies out once and for all! Ann's come up with a really clever fundraiser, so go check it out! http://twolivesonejourney.blogspot.com/2011/08/name-game.html
These are just a few of the MANY families responding to care for "the least of these." I hope you decide to visit their blogs; each story is unique, each writer has interesting things to say. Following the journey from start to finish is such an amazing thing (at least, I think so.) The families I have listed above I speak with on a regular basis, and I am so thankful to have become friends with them. I cannot wait to see these children come home!
3 comments:
Thank you so much Sarah for sharing our blog and story. You are exactly right, I feel helpless right now. I only have till the 20th before my papers start expiring. One day we will all make it to the finish line.
Thanks for the shout out, Sarah. You are so sweet for doing this...We are halfway to our goal!! And 2 paychecks away from September! YIKES!! Love you, Renee
I'll be back to read their journeys!! I feel that same feeling, so know you are not alone!
Post a Comment